Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Griphon is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007

Red face Records

Hello June7,

Okay, I am turning myself into a raging lunatic. Let me start at the bottom and slowly work through this project. Please can you see attached and help me to identify if my relationships are correct.

Thanks in advance.
    GriphonDatabase.zip

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, I goofed. Supplier should not be in both tblPurchases and tblProducts. Remove from tblPurchases because supplier is associated with the PO through the product.

I don't understand the need for tblPONum.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2007

Talking Records

Database.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Sorry, I goofed. Supplier should not be in both tblPurchases and tblProducts. Remove from tblPurchases because supplier is associated with the PO through the product.

I don't understand the need for tblPONum.

Hello June7,

tblPONum is for the list of already generated Purchase Order Numbers that I receive from a third party app (Quickbase)

Thanks, Please check?
    Griphon

June7 is offline VIP
    I still don't understand why you have tblPONum. Why not just import those PO numbers directly into tblPurchases?

tblPurchases has an autonumber ID field set as primary key but you have PONum field set as the linking field. Either ID should be the link or PONum should be the primary key.

Same for ID and PONum in tblPONum.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2007

Talking Records

I still don't understand why you have tblPONum. Why not just import those PO numbers directly into tblPurchases?

tblPurchases has an autonumber ID field set as primary key but you have PONum field set as the linking field. Either ID should be the link or PONum should be the primary key.

Same for ID and PONum in tblPONum.
    Hello June7,

I need to enter the PO, then capture the stock. Check it against the delivery note and then update the stock quantity. I created a couple of forms. The only thing now is how do I create the form to select PONum, Supplier and enter stock using exsiting items from the master stock table and updating the qty.

Thanks
    Database.zip

June7 is offline VIP
    Ideally, would not 'update' stock table. Stock on hand would be calculated when needed. Review http://allenbrowne.com/AppInventory.html

I still don't understand the need for tblPONum.

Cannot have related primary and foreign key fields both be autonumber. tblPONum and tblPurchases are not properly linked, nor are tblPurchases and tblPurchaseDetails.

Use form/subform arrangements for entering purchase details and sales details. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010098674.aspx

Main form bound to tblPurchases, subform bound to tblPurchaseDetails with combobox to select products

Main form bound to tblSales, subform bound to tblSalesDetails with combobox to select products

Windows 8 Access 2007

Question Records

Ideally, would not 'update' stock table. Stock on hand would be calculated when needed. Review http://allenbrowne.com/AppInventory.html

I still don't understand the need for tblPONum.

Cannot have related primary and foreign key fields both be autonumber. tblPONum and tblPurchases are not properly linked, nor are tblPurchases and tblPurchaseDetails.

Use form/subform arrangements for entering purchase details and sales details. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010098674.aspx

Main form bound to tblPurchases, subform bound to tblPurchaseDetails with combobox to select products

Main form bound to tblSales, subform bound to tblSalesDetails with combobox to select products
    Hello June7,

Would it be wise/possible to link product code, rather than ID. So I would be able to lookup a product using a barcode? You will see with the attached db, the products on the purchase is not working correctly.

Please help.Database25112013.zip

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    You haven't fixed the PK/FK linking issues described in previous post.

The barcode can be used to lookup a product even if it is not primary key but it certainly could be the primary key and makes sense to me that it be the PK.

Windows 8 Access 2007

Relationships / Records

You haven't fixed the PK/FK linking issues described in previous post.

The barcode can be used to lookup a product even if it is not primary key but it certainly could be the primary key and makes sense to me that it be the PK.
    Hello June7,

Please take a look and advise, I am really battling to understand this concept. I have read through a couple of examples but I cannot seem to see where I am going wrong. If possible make the relevant relationship changes and post. PLEASE.

See attached

ThanksDatabase25112013.zip

Windows 8 Access 2007

Records

Hello,

I cannot understand why tblProducts is reflecting PONum data without any links or relation? I also cannot understand why I cannot use my combo box to select or scan a barcode on purchases, see attached screenshot and db.

ThanksDatabase25112013N.zipClick image for larger version. 

Name:	No Barcode.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	14493

June7 is offline VIP
    Still need to fix table relationships. Cannot proceed until this is done.

A table's primary key should be the field that is saved as foreign key in child table.

Set PONum in tblPurchases and tblPONum as primary key.

Set SalesNo in tblSales as primary key.

The ID fields in those tables are not used in relationship, setting them as primary serves no purpose.

You have Barcode set as primary key in tblProducts but the links to tblSalesDetails and tblPurchaseDetails is on ProductID.

Associated primary and foreign key fields must be the same data type.

The Barcode field is set as text. If you want this to be primary key then the link fields in other tables must also be text.

Windows 8 Access 2007

Question Relationship Changes

Still need to fix table relationships. Cannot proceed until this is done.

A table's primary key should be the field that is saved as foreign key in child table.

Set PONum in tblPurchases and tblPONum as primary key.

Set SalesNo in tblSales as primary key.

The ID fields in those tables are not used in relationship, setting them as primary serves no purpose.

You have Barcode set as primary key in tblProducts but the links to tblSalesDetails and tblPurchaseDetails is on ProductID.

Associated primary and foreign key fields must be the same data type.

The Barcode field is set as text. If you want this to be primary key then the link fields in other tables must also be text.

Hello June7,

I have made the relevant changes, but when creating the sub-form in frmpurchases (sub frmpurchasedetails) the block is left blank?

Please take a look now and let me know, I think I have managed to fix the relationships but now have this other issue.

Thanks in advance

Database26112013N.zip

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    ?? I looked at your database. I don't see any frmpurchasedetails???

I am attaching a jpg of your tables and relationships as they are at the moment.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Griphon.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	14520

Windows 8 Access 2007

Records - New

26112013MDB.zip
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    ?? I looked at your database. I don't see any frmpurchasedetails???

I am attaching a jpg of your tables and relationships as they are at the moment.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Griphon.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	14520
    Hello Orange,

Sorry about that, it was (tblPurchaseDetails subform), please could you take a look as to why my products on tblPurchaseDetails subform appears blank.... not picking up the products?

Please see attached.

Thanks in advance.....

26112013.zip

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Why are ProductID and Barcode both in tblPurchaseDetails?
    What is different in ProductID, ProductCode and Barcode in tblProducts?

You have Purchases and Sales, but there are no Amount fields??

Can you tell us in 4 or 5 sentences exactly WHAT your business is? Keep it simple so we can understand what your model is trying to support.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.