syd is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013

4 Cascading Combo Boxes using multiple tables

I am working with four combo boxes. I have the first three working the way I want. The problem is the last one. What I need is for the list in the fourth combo box to be the names of the tables that the final info is going to come from.

My combo boxes are as follows:

Facility Type
    Facility County
    Facility Name
    Contact Info

So the tables I need to use for the Contact Info are as follows:
    Admin
    Audit
    Billing
    CFO
    Contract

So ideally when someone chooses a facility type the county will then be filtered based on the first selecting and from there the facility name will then again be filted based on the previous selection so when a contact is selected I need all the info from that particular table to come up.

Before this project I never had to do anything with code so I am not sure what other info you need

Thanks

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    There is a sample DB I uploaded specifically for cascading combo boxes. It is not designed to be specifically intuitive. It is there to show various examples of dependencies for comboboxes.

https://www.accessforums.net/sample-...tml#post191005

If you take a look at it you may be able to better identify a specific problem or question. I am not sure I understand where exactly your hiccup is. If you got three comboboxes to work, the fourth should not be an issue, IMO.

syd is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    I am having trouble with using mulitiple table for the fourth box. I can get it to work with one table but not mulitiples.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I would suggest you start with an Access query and use that to get the results you are after. If you can not get it to work there you will not be able to get it to work using a combobox or a bound form, or report, etc.

It is all about querying the recordset you need. In the sample DB I mentioned, it illustrates stepping through different levels of criteria via an SQL statement. The various combo boxes reference the SQL for their respective recordsource.

Once you have the appropriate SQL, you can assign it to your combo box. Start with a query that has the appropriate Join. You may need to visit your table structure if the Access query is not providing the desired results.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    So the tables I need to use for the Contact Info are as follows:
    Admin
    Audit
    Billing
    CFO
    Contract

So ideally when someone chooses a facility type the county will then be filtered based on the first selecting and from there the facility name will then again be filted based on the previous selection so when a contact is selected I need all the info from that particular table to come up.
    My question would be:

Why do you have 5 tables for contact info?
    Are the fields in each of the 5 tables the same (same type of data)?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.