mithu 1992 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Access Login

Hi
    Can Anyone help me please With this (Check the attachment)

After a user Login
    Ceate a session with (i) Login name (ii) Role (ii) Access Group as well as Logout Session after logout

Login Form:
    ### When a combobox item select in Access Group - The role combo with show only the item under those group (Requery)- ### When Role combo select only user under those group will appear in userbox.
    ##Login Button will be visible after put password

### If user put erong password more than 3 times application quit with message ## Reminder to change password after a certain period of time

## Passwrod Must include At least (i) Uppercase (ii) 1 Lowercase (ii) I Number and 8-12 in length --------------------------------------------## If user doesn't have any password NewPW and ConPW box will be visible ---------------------------------------

## If Posibble to store a user security answer to check before change/ rewrite password

After a user Login
    Ceate a session with (i) Login name (ii) Role (ii) Access Group as well as Logout Session after logout

Login Form:
    ### When a combobox item select in Access Group - The role combo with show only the item under those group (Requery)- ### When Role combo select only user under those group will appear in userbox.
    ##Login Button will be visible after put password

### If user put erong password more than 3 times application quit with message ## Reminder to change password after a certain period of time

## Passwrod Must include At least (i) Uppercase (ii) 1 Lowercase (ii) I Number and 8-12 in length

## If user doesn't have any password NewPW and ConPW box will be visible

## If Posibble to store a user security answer to check before change/ rewrite password

Thanks.

Accesss Login 1.mdbAccesss Login 1.mdb

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Where's the code? No macros or VBA attempted.

For starters, need code behind group and role comboboxes to requery dependent comboboxes. I use only VBA. http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...combobox2.html

Will need a LOT of code for the rest.

Validating the password structure will probably involve referencing character code set because Access/VBA is not case sensitive http://www.java2s.com/Code/VBA-Excel...terCodeSet.htm. Explore Chr() and Asc() functions. Will have to cycle through the string and test each character to set of rules, using variables to keep track of rules that are met. Then if you want to enforce case sensitivity when user logs in, have to convert characters to code and compare values.

Start by reviewing http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-q...-question.html

Attempt code and when you encounter specific issue, post question.

Somebody out there has probably done all this and posted a working sample but finding it could be a challenge. Bing: access database login password validation
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.