Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Even if Access is presenting the SetValue action, using it might be futile. According to that link, it is not compatible with web database and will error in the compatibility checker.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

bigtman07 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    hmmmmmm Well maybe that is only within the browser. We are only using sharepoint to store the file. it gets downloaded to the machine and then edited and sent back to sharepoint. So maybe we can work around that. I can't get it to accept the entry field though now.

June7 is online now VIP
    Over my head, good luck.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks very much for the help June! I will try to see if I can get any code to work. But I am also remaking the whole thing in a regular database and not a web based one. Only thing I can't get to work there is a search function.

Ok so I have recreated the entire database in a general access form. So now I'm back to the same spot. Marking a checkbox and have it input a date into a text field. I have tried just putting in the on click field to input the now function into the textbox but that doesn't seem to work.

I GOT IT!!! Finally sheesh. After creating the whole thing to a full access database and away from sharepoint I finally was able to program the checkboxes the way I wanted them. Now.... The boss wants to go one step further. UGH! He must think I'm a whiz at this haha. He wants it to be a single action. Input the id number into our filter or search field and from there the form will select either check in or check out and put the time. Good god can this get any more complicated????

June7 is online now VIP
    Check in/Check out - tell me again - what is this db for?

How should the code know to select check in or check out? What are the rules for this behavior?

Essentially what my boss is trying to create or mimic here is a time clock system. They took my original database idea and skewed it. Essentially what the boss is wanting to happen is a guy comes in our guard scans their ID card and that scanning action will input the date and time they came onsite and that they are onsite. Same thing when they leave. Scan the ID and the time and date shows up and that they are checked out. I have everything working with the clicks. Now he wants to change it and make it a single scan each time. I don't think this is very possible.

It would have to search, then decide what is checked and what isn't, then input the date in the proper box, then return to the searchbox and be ready for the next search. I told the boss this is a bad idea.

June7 is online now VIP
    Code would have to search for the last record for the scanned ID and retrieve value from the InOut field and record the opposite in the new record. One way to retrieve:

DLookup("InOut","tablename","ID=" & Me.tbxID & " AND ScanDate=#" & DMax("ScanDate","tablename","ID=" & Me.tbxID) & "#")

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.