LordPanzer is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Multi Selection Box User submitted Values

I'm currently having a problem with a multi selection box not taking user submitted values. I'm not sure if this is a limitation or just me missing something. I'll try to post enough pictures so you get the idea as uploading the entire file might not be possible. The box itself holds phase(s) with the default values being the most common. My main goal is to give the user the ability when he opens the combo box drop down to see his options, and if none of them fit his/her needs then give them the ability to input their own.

The Phase(s) default value are held in the "Multi-selection box" table
    The Phase(s) information or whatever is selected while filling out the form goes to the "sub Table Information" table
    The Phase(s) combo box itself is under the "Phase(s) & Effects" Form (subform) with "BSTS" being the main form
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Is the combobox RowSource based on a lookup table?
    If the combobox LimitToList value is Yes then use the NotInList event to allow user to create new record in the lookup table.
    If the LimitToList value is No then they can enter whatever they want.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

LordPanzer is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Yes its base on a lookup table which has the default values. I have the 'Limit to List' set as No and 'Allow Value List Edits' as Yes and still it will not allow user submittion. I would try your LimitToList expression but my VB skills are lacking.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I should have said they could enter what they want unless you have relationship set to enforce referential integrity. And if the combobox RowSource lookup is an alias they would have to enter the ID, not the alias text descriptor.

The RowSourceType is a Table/Query not a ValueList so AllowValueListEdits doesn't apply. Use NotInList event. Review: http://www.blueclaw-db.com/access_no...ed_example.htm
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.