Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jordancemery65 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2010 64bit
    Ok, All i want it to do is when someone clicks their cell phone provider, and they have entered their cell phone number in, it would take the e-mail address associated with that cell phone provider (US Cellular - @email.uscc.net; Verizon - @vtext.com; AT&T - @txt.att.net) and it would combine their phone number XXX XXX XXXX with that E-mail address XXXXXXXXXX@vtext.com or XXXXXXXXXX@email.uscc.net

I created a bunch of fields. One is named CellPhone (which will just be their cell phone number) One is called CellPhoneProvider (this is a drop down list and when i created the lookup wizard i created two columns 1 column has the cell phone provider name which will be displayed and the other column is the email address suffix ex. @email.uscc.net So in the design view i changed it so the second column does not show. I also created a field called CellPhoneEMail and this will have the combined fields of CellPhoneNumber and CellPhoneProviderEMail I am sorry if i am confusing anyone... it makes sense in my head!

I also created a table called tblCellPhoneCarrier this has the cell phone provider and then the email suffix... I dont even know if this table will be needed.

If you look at the form, it might help too...

I am so sorry but i am not very smart with Access... I am still way in the learning process. It is a great program, and the stuff you can do is absolutely endless (if you know what you are doing (; )

Mechanic Falls Fire & Rescue.zip

Dal Jeanis is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Here's the changes from what I wrote earlier. (tested in your 4:33 versoin)
    Code:
    Row Source        SELECT CellPhoneProvider, CellPhoneProviderEMail FROM tblCellPhoneCarrier; 
    Row Source Type   Table/Query
    Code:
    Private Sub CellPhoneProvider_AfterUpdate()

Me.CellPhoneEMail = Me.CellPhone & Me.CellPhoneProvider.Column(1)

End Sub

Ok, for some reason this is not working. I have made the changes that you stated but nothing is coming up. When I am in form view and i type in a cell phone number and then select a provider nothing is showing up in the CellPhoneEMail field. I also tried it on the actual table and nothing is showing up there either. I am not sure what is going on. this is so frustrating. Thank you so much for your patience though!

Here is the most up to date one right here.. This has the changes that you suggested.... If we go off this we should be on the same page....

Mechanic Falls Fire & Rescue.zip

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I tried a bunch of different combinations and then just went after this......

Change your combo box's Row Source Type in the Property's Data Tab to Table/Query

In your form's Load event paste
    Me.CellPhoneProvider.RowSource = "SELECT [tblCellPhoneCarrier].[CellPhoneProvider], [tblCellPhoneCarrier].[CellPhoneProviderEMail]" _
    & "FROM [tblCellPhoneCarrier]" _
    & "ORDER BY [CellPhoneProvider];"
    'end code

I am not sure what was not working. It was not the Row Source Type alone. Something else was goofy.

I don't know what you are going to do with the text now that you have it in the textbox. It has been a while since I goofed with that stuff but you may have to add the international prefix of "1" and turn the 7 digit phone number into 8 digits.

Let me know how that works. I currently use an SMS service. It doesn't cost much at all and has been very reliable.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I just remembered something else that I did. Don't know that it affected my result. I only know I did it before it finaly worked.

I deleted the entire afterupdate sub routine
    Private Sub CellPhoneProvider_AfterUpdate()
    End Sub

and then pasted
    after I created a new after update sub

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    I tried a bunch of different combinations and then just went after this......

Change your combo box's Row Source Type in the Property's Data Tab to Table/Query
    Which combo box's row source am i switching? the CellPhoneProvider one?

Would it be possible to attach what you did here, so that I can see???

ITS WORKING!!!!! YAY!!!! THANK YOU ALLLLL SO VERY MUCH!!! THIS IS A TREMENDOUS HELP!!!! Please mark as solved!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.