whitneynf08 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

If...Then type statement for combo boxes in table

I would like to have a field display only certain information in a combo box based on what is selected in a previous data field.

The first fields is "Highest Degree Level Obtained" which contains the options of Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate's, and Certification. Based on the selection, I want "Degree Earned" to display just those types of degrees offered. The degrees are in a separate table called "Degrees" and each type of degree is in its own field labeled accordingly.

If I just have all degrees listed at once, this is the Row Source formula: SELECT [Degrees].[ID], [Degrees].[Degrees] FROM Degrees;

I am thinking it would be something like this:

SELECT [Degrees].[ID], [Degrees].[Masters] FROM Degrees IF SELECT [Information].[Highest Degree Level Obtained] = "Master's";

How far off am I or is this even possible?

Thank you.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Pretty far off. That won't work.

Don't really understand structure of the Degrees table. Show its exact structure and sample records.

How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

whitneynf08 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I have a table that has a field listing all the degree offered at the university. It is used in the combo box I currently have set up. There are Asso., Bach, Masters, doctoral, and certificates listed. The previous field ask the user for the type of degree i.e. asso, bach, masters..... from a combo box. When they select the type of degree, I would like the next field to populate with only the corresponding degree. So if a user selects masters, when they drop down the next field the only degrees they will see are the masters degrees offered instead of all the degrees.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Wait, can't do this in table. Dependent comboboxes must be on a form. Review: http://datapigtechnologies.com/flash...combobox2.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.