buckwheat is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003

subform a little tricky

I have an unbound form that has several subforms one containing a cbo to drive results on each subform. when the main form opens all subforms are hidden. The main form has several cmd buttons to execute visibility for each form. this is why the cbo is not on the main form, but on a subform instead.

The problem is when the main form opens, the cbo has a selection made so all subforms are populated. . . how can I get the cbo to be blank when the cmd button for this subform is selected. . . not quite sure how to do this since the cbo is on a subform and not the main form.

Thanks in advance.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Why does the cbo have a value? Is it bound to field? Is purpose of the cbo only to select filter criteria?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    the form has a record source of "Group Table." The cbo's row source is the "group ID" in the Group Table. The goal is to be able to use these subforms for both data entry of new groups and to editing of existing groups. If the group exists, then user would select from the cbo box to display results in relative fields on form. If the group is new, user would select enter data into form and data is populated in the Group Table and the cbo would also update with the new group #.

If a user selects from the cbo box and makes changes and then they need to add a new group, I've put a cmd button on to add new record and then the form clears the cbo selection from the form and a blank form is ready for data entry. They can also do this to clear the form after it's open if I can't find a resolution to this problem.

Thanks.

June7 is offline VIP
    On a bound form, you don't 'clear' the form for new entry, you must move to a new record row. Again, on a bound form, the combobox cannot be used for both data entry and to enter search criteria, one or the other only.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Ok thanks, they can use the cmd to move to a new record. The bound form does not use the cbo for data entry. I have an unbound Group field on the form to do this. Thanks again.

June7 is offline VIP
    Issue resolved?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.