Morning,

Possibly a long post here, but wonder if someone can help.

At the moment, I use excel to generate pricing emails for our customers. It works, and I know how to operate it efficiently, but I start a new job soon and im not sure anyone else will be able to easily get their head around it.

Essentially, I have a list of materials with prices, with a formula to add or subtract a value depending on the monthly price. For example, material 1 might rise by 5, material 2 by 10, so I have a formula set up such that any prices for material 1 will rise 5 and any for material 2 will rise by 10. This is controlled by a small section at the bottom of the spreadsheet where I can enter the monthly price change for the 20 or so materials that we quote on. I have then set up a column which points at the current month in order to give another document a fixed cell to point at. So essentially, I have 500 odd companies, each with a list of between 1 and 15 different materials all with different prices/monthly changes.

The tricky part comes not here but in adding new companies. I believe this is something that Access could streamline, but im not particularly sure how, certainly without going through all the data and adding in the values myself (which could take weeks). Does anyone have any clues.

Ideal really would be a form that can be filled in for new customers; would have address, email, name, company name, and then a list of materials along with the current months price. I would then be able to have, in another form, a box which asks for the monthly price change which would then add the value to all of the relevant materials for all of the companies, and then allow me to generate an email for each of the individual companies.

Any help appreciated, or a link to a pricing database with different materials and prices would be helpful!

Cheers
Steve