debbiesue is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Exporting from Access to Excel and receiving an error message

I am trying to export from Access to Excel. I am relatively new to this process. I am receiving an error that I am not using a valid path. I have tried to recreate the former path without any luck.

What I had done was to delete some old information that was making the former Excel sheet too large and create a more up to date database. I had to reformat the spreadsheet and export the new information to excel but when I pull it in it will not pull into the shared network drive without giving me the error message.

I really need some help with this please???

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    To help us help you, please provide the error message/number. All we know about your situation is what you write and how clearly you have described you, your environment, what you are trying to accomplish in plain English, what exactly you have done, what exactly was the result and possibly some sample data.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    To help us help you, please provide the error message/number. All we know about your situation is what you write and how clearly you have described you, your environment, what you are trying to accomplish in plain English, what exactly you have done, what exactly was the result and possibly some sample data.

I have attached a print screen of the error message I received. The file path you specified is not valid. Please specify a valid file path. I also got a message about .mdb not being a trusted file? I'm really sorry, I am a complete novice at this.

Print Screen of Error.zip

Windows XP Access 2003
    Does there is an "s" missing in Correspondence -- is that the problem?

Windows XP Access 2007
    Sorry, I am so confused. I attached a second print screen of the import. I tried to correct the missing "s" and that did not work. I double checked on the Access and it is 2007 however my computer is an older one so everything I run is usually in compatability mode.

This is how we keep track of all mail coming into our Admissions office at the Univeristy and I can't screw this up, Ugg.

How would I send something mdb vs acccdb??

I really wish I had more time to play with this. wow, I need some classes in Access.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows XP Access 2003
    The problem may not be Access or your code.
    The system is telling you that the directory/folder that you attempted to write to, does not exist.

I saw a missing "s" in correspondence, and asked you to correct that and try again.

Try to access the folder from your PC/workstation? You don't have to run your program just to see if that folder does exist.

Perhaps someone (netwrok or server people) have moved a directory. Is there anyone to ask if this is so?

Windows XP Access 2007
    FIRST I WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP.zip

So I was being slightly dense. I went back and opened the access program from the beginning as I always do when I am beginning to use it daily. I understood what you meant about being able to acess the file.

Instead of going to the saved exports when I was ready to pull the daily mail into the excel spreadsheet I instead chose to just click on the excel icon, I then clicked browse and selected the usual path used to access the original folder. The information pulled into the excel spreadsheet with no problem.

However, of course, once I did this, a window came up asking me if I wanted to save the export steps, which of course I would like to as there are 5 people who use this program but I was unable to save the export.

You are probably very tired of my denseness. I have attached a copy. thank you.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.