numberguy is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Form Letter Report

I am trying to create a report that acts as a form letter based off of information contained in a simple table. I cannot use mail merge since I want to include multiple records in each report (letter) generated. Each record has an account number which will be used to select the records to be included in the report. The format of the report has the recipient's name and address at the top (text box controls bound to table fields), the body of the letter (label control) and then a table of the information generated from the records in the table. I need the name and address information and the body of the letter to print only on page one. The table of information may include only 1 line of information or pages of information and needs to start directly below the body of the letter. I need to group based off of the account number field. Since this is a form letter, I will need to start a new page for each account number. I have originally designed the report with the name and address information and the body of the letter in the Report Header section; headers for the table of information in the page header section; and bound text box controls for each of the desired fields to be included in the table in the Detail section with a page break insert in the Detail section. The issue I am struggling with is how to get the name and address information to update based off of the account number grouping (or how to updated fields in the report header section based off of grouping levels associated with controls in the detail section).

Thanks in advance for any help.

alansidman is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

I watched the tutorial. It appears to be what I am looking for. I will give it a try. Thanks for the help!

I have followed the tutorial and have one issue remaining. The issue is when there is more than one page of data, the column headers do not print on page 2, and beyond. The tutorial places all of the body of the letter and the column headers in the group header section of the report. I have tried moving the various parts of the form letter to the different sections of the report with no success. I have moved the body of the letter (introduction information) to the report header section and the column headers in the page header (the group header section blank) which result in a letter only for the first record. I have moved the body of the letter to the report header section and the column headers in the group header section which result in introduction information only printed on the first letter. I have moved the body of the letter to the page header section and the column headers in the group header section which resulted in the introduction information printing on every page. I have tried placing page breaks in various sections of the report and have change the settings of the force new page control. I have yet to come up with the proper combination to print the name, address, body of the letter, column headers and data on page one and just column headers and data starting on page 2, and then start a new letter for the next item in the group.

Again, any help is appreciated

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.