Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    slimjen is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Ok. It worked but only if I checked all the boxes. This defeats the purpose if there are "No" answers. And it didn't save the check marks once the form was closed which I don't want it to because I don't want the users to have to reopen the form every time they have more than one record. What am I doing wrong and how to correct this?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Want to provide db for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Sorry. I meant to update a new file. See attached. Thank you so much

June7 is online now VIP
    Set each checkbox DefaultValue to No.

Remove the Close line.

What do you want in its place? Move to a new record? DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

Careful, code as is will not prevent user clicking the button again and committing a duplicate set of answers.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Ok. Great. Changed all defaults to No and put DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec. I also after this cleared all fields: me.cboAgent= “” me.check1= “NO”….. Only the bound fields are saved and cleared when going to the next records.
    When I do this; it clears all check fields to prevent clicking the button again for dups but if someone wanted to go back to the record and check boxes that had not been checked the first time because the task was not done; it’s fields are not saved! And when I don’t clear the check boxes when going to the next record; the fields from the previous record are carrier over! Is there a better way?

June7 is online now VIP
    Better or not, the only other way is option 1 described previously.

Unbound forms and unbound controls require a lot of code to both save the data and to display the data when revisiting the record.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Ugh! Ok. Do you have such code? I know the users are going to want this option. especially if they don't complete the record on the first go round. Thank you for helping.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Was option 1 better for what I need to do? What does this look like? Ineed to get this done.

June7 is online now VIP
    I do not have such code. I don't use unbound forms for data entry/edit.

Review post # 6.

Use a form in continuous view to display the questions and checkbox fields. The RecordSource for this form would be a query that joins tblQuestions with tblAnswers so the question text will be available for display next to checkbox. Bind controls to fields and set the tblQuestions controls as Locked Yes, TabStop No.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.