dunc723 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Conflict Resolution in Replication

I discovered today that ACC2010 dropped the conflict resolution wizard that was in previous versions of ACC. I've read various posts about code to use for finding the conflicts, and almost all of them say that if you are happy with the way the Jet Database resolved the conflict, you can just delete the conflict record. (Very good information from David W. Fenton in this regard at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...2-99c4ed80da32.)

I found the hidden system table MSysConflicts; from the system fields I found the table and the five records in which the conflicts occurred; I am happy with the resolution. Now what do I delete? I cannot delete the records in the MSysConflicts table - Access will not let me do that. Is it something else I am supposed to delete, or is there something else I must do to delete those records?

Thanks,

PD

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Never worked with data synchronization. Are both records that are in conflict in the destination table?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

dunc723 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Never mind, I found the answer - you do not delete the records in the MSysConflicts table. There is a hidden table with the same name as the table that contains conflicts called <tablename>_Conflicts. You can delete the conflicting records in that table, then delete the table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.