Glenn_Suggs is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Grouped field header on report

Hi all. I'm trying to display a grouped field header at the top of every page since the group may extend for many pages and I want the user to be able to tell what group they're looking at even if they open to the middle of the report. It works fine to put the group value somewhere in the page header, but this doubles up on the first page since the same value is also in the first group on the first page. So for example the first page has "Group Header 1" in the page header and "Group Header 1" also in the group header itself. How can I prevent the group header from displaying only on the first group of the first page? Thanks in advance...Glenn

boblarson is offline --------
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Suggs View Post
    Hi all. I'm trying to display a grouped field header at the top of every page since the group may extend for many pages and I want the user to be able to tell what group they're looking at even if they open to the middle of the report. It works fine to put the group value somewhere in the page header, but this doubles up on the first page since the same value is also in the first group on the first page. So for example the first page has "Group Header 1" in the page header and "Group Header 1" also in the group header itself. How can I prevent the group header from displaying only on the first group of the first page? Thanks in advance...Glenn
    Go select the group header in design view and then select the "REPEAT SECTION" property and set it to YES.

Glenn_Suggs is offline Advanced Beginner
    Thanks, Bob. That was the solution. Case closed. Again, thanks a million.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.