An error message : earlier database especially with arabic names of tables or queries

The application you are attempting to use has a reference that it cannot resolve to an object, type library, DLL, or external database. Either the object, type library, DLL, or database was deleted or renamed. Examine the Available references list in the References dialog box in the Visual Basic Editor ( Tools menu) to determine if any action is required. If you did not create this application, contact the programmer or administrator of the system.
    If the reference listed in the Available references list is preceded with "MISSING:" clear the check box to remove the reference if it is no longer required. If you still need to use the reference, clear the check box entry for "MISSING: <referencename>" in the Available references list, and then create a new reference to the file using the Browse... button. If this is an installed database application, you may need to reinstall or repair the application.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Do you have any references listed as MISSING?

More explanation

Quote Originally Posted by margaret bou jaoude homsi View Post
    The application you are attempting to use has a reference that it cannot resolve to an object, type library, DLL, or external database. Either the object, type library, DLL, or database was deleted or renamed. Examine the Available references list in the References dialog box in the Visual Basic Editor ( Tools menu) to determine if any action is required. If you did not create this application, contact the programmer or administrator of the system.
    If the reference listed in the Available references list is preceded with "MISSING:" clear the check box to remove the reference if it is no longer required. If you still need to use the reference, clear the check box entry for "MISSING: <referencename>" in the Available references list, and then create a new reference to the file using the Browse... button. If this is an installed database application, you may need to reinstall or repair the application.
    Thank you for your reply, I would like to clarify more the problem, I read too much about this problem and I did look for missing links, but the problem is that the databases I've created were created in earlier versions, and the table names, forms names, controls names, most of them were in arabic, so if I press a command, it doesn't understand it, I have to go to the properties, find where the scripture of the command is, and change the name to english letters after changing the names of tables and queries and others to english letters. So I think that the newest access after 2000 aren't compatible with the references that have arabic names and sometimes in some databases the arabic names aren't readable, they are like symbols.

I hope I am clear with my problem but I have about 20 databases that I need to fix. May be I can send you in attachment two different exemples. By the way I am using access 2007.

Thank you very much for your support.

Margaret

It looks like Arabic was only supported up to WindowsXP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...ess_Components

no missing references!!!!! and I didn't get what to do if I don't have windows xp I am running windows 7

I'm sorry but I have no useful suggestions for you.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.