MJP is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Totals of only specific records of a field (Count If, Sum If) in a report

I am trying to create a summary report based on a database of loans. Each loan is one of three product types, say X, Y, or Z, which is may be selected from a list box in the "Loan Product" field. Additionally, loans may originate from one of 40 institutions, which may also be selected from a list box in the "Institution Name" field. The other important piece of information is the loan amount, which is typed into the "Loan amount" field. I need to summarize for each institution how many X loans, Y loans, and Z loans were done, as well as the total value of X loans granted by the institution, Y loans, etc. I can't seem to create totals in the report that only count or sum specific records. I could create about 160 reports based on 160 separate queries, but the formatting is a headache and there MUST be an easier way. I also can't seem to create IIF statements that take two fields into account. I am in desperate need of Access training! It would be so easy in Excel, but then I would have to copy/past every new record going forward. Please help!

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    It would help if you could tell us more about your tables, or post a picture of your tables and relationships.

If you can create a query to get the info for your report, the report can do groupings and totals.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.