LindaRuble is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Alt + Shift + Tab -- No Icon!

Hello,

I've created an Access Application. When I have it running and have other web pages, word docs, etc. up I would like to be able to type "Alt + Shift + Tab" and tab over to the icon of the application that I am interested in and choose it. When I "Alt + Shift + Tab" I do get the selection, however, my Access application does not show an icon to select. Instead there is a blank space in its place. I can select the blank space and bring up my application to the front, but I would like to be able to show an icon instead. How can I achieve that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	altshfttab.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	11618

Thanks

Linda

June7 is offline VIP
    Cannot replicate this issue with Windows XP and Access 2007. I see an icon. Have you tested this with your database on another computer?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

OK, I know what happened. In Access Options, I am using a blank icon to replace the icons in the top-left corner of my forms and reports. I guess it carried over to what is displayed in the Alt + Shift + Tab selection too.

BTW, would you happen to know how to embed a blank icon (instead of a path that can be broken when I move the application to another computer) I don't want to have to bother putting the Blank Icon in the same folder as the application when I move it. Thanks.

Linda

June7 is offline VIP
    No, I just always delete the icons from forms and reports. Actually, I don't use design wizards because they do things I don't like, such as embed these icons.

The db I tested this with has no icons in headers.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi June7,

I'm not sure I know how to delete the Icon in the top-left corner of my forms and reports. What steps do I need to take?

Thanks

Linda

June7 is offline VIP
    Wait, are you talking about the icon in the window frame - not in the Header section?

I have never bothered with that. How did you replace it?

Yes, I'm talking about the icon in the window frame. The top-left corner of all forms and reports.

You can go to Access Options -> Click "Current Database" from the left column, then for the Application Icon: browse to a blank icon.ico and check "Use as Form and Report icon." The only problem with this is that you have to keep the blank Icon.ico in the sam folder as the application.

I have attached the blank icon.ico if you would like to try it.

If you can figure how to embed the icon, please let me know. Thanks

Linda
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    I just did a test of that in my db. I navigated to a bmp file that is not stored in the same folder as my db. It displays just fine in the db and on the app navigator.

However, I expect the display will fail if I copy the db to another computer that does not have the same drive mapping I used or if I delete that drive mapping from my computer. I don't see any way to embed this image.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.