slimjen is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2007

coruptions

Hi all, Using access 2007. I took over a database which uses say they experience
    slow running queries and database corruptions. The database is split. The
    backend on a shared drive with users frontends on their desktop. There are
    several macros that open forms and run queries. There are about 30-40 users

accessing the database at any given time. I know that's a lot of users and I
    have never administered a database with that many users. I will have to find an
    utility to update the frontends. Could this be the problem. If so; can anyone
    suggest how I can get this database running to optimun performance. Thank you

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I have a split db with about 10 users. Some of the busier forms and reports are a little slow, otherwise all run fine. Every once in a while a user's copy of the frontend will inexplicably corrupt and I have to force a replacement.

Here is how I manage updates http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...ue-323364.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    You could probably benefit from looking at Allen Browne's article found here:

Preventing Corruption

To his recommendations I'd add that you deselect the Compact on Close as compacting is considered, by many, to be one cause of corruption, and shouldn't be done without first making a backup copy of the file. There really is little reason to do a compact on a regular basis like this.

In 2007 you'd go to

• Click on the Office Button (top left)
    • Click on Access Options (bottom right of dialog box)
    • Click on Current Database(left)
    • Untick Compact on Close
    • Click Okay

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.