Angela is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Help me split my database!

Hello all - I am fairly new to Access and I am NOT computer savvy, so I need some help. Despite reading some of the on-line help and instructions, I still cannot get my split database to work with multiple users. I know I'm missing something obvious.....OK, so here's the deal. I have created an Access database. At the moment, it exists as one, large table with multiple fields. It needs to be set up in such a way that multiple users can work on it at once, to enter new data and search the currnet data. So. I used the wizard and created a back-end copy on a shared, public folder that is located on our server. This folder can be accessed by all staff without a password. I copied the front-end version to this same folder, and then asked another user to create a short-cut of the front-end to their desktop. He opened the file, but is unable to enter any new data, or modify the existing data. I'm not sure what the issue is, as the original file is not set-up as a read-only. Is there anybody with enough patience who can take me through this step-by-step? One last thing - users throughout the office have either Access 2007 or Access 2010, but we all don't have the same version. Many thanks in advance to the poor soul who attempts to train me on this matter, lol.

Angela is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Hang on...it looks like the issue was resolved once the users all used the same version of ACCESS. I'll do a test this afternoon and post an update.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.