jakeryan56 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Help with Loan Phone Database Subform

Im probably giving you all too much information, however I have a loan phone records database for our phone shop for when phones are being repaired. It is made up of two tables - LoanPhoneAssets (Which has details of all loan phones), and LoanRecords (Which has details of all loans to customers). I have created a form for LoanRecords which allows us to create new records by entering the IMEI number of the phone being loaned (from LoanPhoneAssets), as well as the customer and loan details. My database also includes a barcode report which generates barcodes for the phone storgage containers and a report which generates a loan phone agreement with all the customer and phone details for them to sign. This print button also changes the value of the LoanStatus field in the LoanPhonesAssets field to -1 (On) when clicked.

The only issue I am having is creating a LoanReturn form which is much more complicated seeing as though in this case I cannot start at a new record, the form as to go to the last LoanRecord of that particular IMEI number phone so that the ReturnDate and ReturnConsultant field can be updated as well as having the LoanStatus changed back to 0 (Off). Since the IMEI is a unique value, I would like to be able to enter the IMEI number of the phone and then have a loan records subform (i think) come up below which shows all records for that phone and then the consultant can update the return fields - I figure this is the simplest way. I can create this form however I dont know how to make it so that the form goes to the record of that particular IMEI number by entering it. At the moment I can change the IMEI number, however the other details below it (Model, Customer Name, Return Date, Return Consultant) stay the same. Its probably something really simple but help would be much appreciated! I have attached a photo of each form to show you. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loan Issue.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	11211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Loan Return.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	11212

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    It looks like you need to use the combo to lookup your data and have it fill in the rest when you choose your IMEI number.

jakeryan56 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Thank you burrina! It was so simple, figured it out in a couple of minutes

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Your very welcome.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.