AKoval is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Query and Export into Multiple Reports

Hello. I am working on a project, and I have a concept and want to know if this is possible and if so, how?

So I have a giant Access database, and have a large form that helps query off of this table based on client IDs. Clients may also have many sub-IDs associated with them. We want to be able to create this database so clients can select their data based on their client IDs and any number of sub-client IDs.

Currently, my plan is to have one form to query based on the client id, then have a second form to query based on sub client IDs. The problem is that if a client wants to pull data for 10 sub-client IDs, they will have to go through this form process 10 different times. So I'm wondering if there is a way to automate this so a client just needs to go through this process once.

The concept I'm thinking about is to create some way that would export to Excel all of the data associated with a given client ID. But, instead of exporting all of the data to a separate Excel sheet, I'm wondering if there is a way to Export it so that data for each sub-client ID would export onto its own sheet within the same workbook. So if the client had 10 sub-client IDs, the workbook would have 10 different sheets - each associated to a particular sub-client ID.

Is this possible? If so, how? If not, is there another way to possibly automate this?

Thanks in advance!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    It is possible but will definitely require VBA code by whatever approach is taken.

Why export to Excel?

Instead of second form for subIDs, a multi-select listbox might serve http://allenbrowne.com/ser-50.html

The subIDs listbox can be restricted by the client ID.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.