digitaldb is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

How do I completely disable Access 2007 Security notices

Hello all. I know this isn't the kind of questions you like seeing, but this is exactly what I want to do on this computer. I have an Access database that is located on my Desktop computer that I use with Access 2010, and I routinely use it over my wireless lan on my laptop with Access 2007 from another room in the house. The database has quite a few hyperlinks to subfolders of the directory where the db is located. The hyperlinks are relative paths ( .\2008\W2\ ) rather than absolute paths ( C:\Users\Mike\Documents\Access\Records\Taxes\2008\ W2 ) for a couple of reasons, one is that using hyperlinks with absolute paths wont work when using the db from my laptop, and another even bigger reason is that using relative paths gives me the option to move the db including the subfolders to another machine later on and not break my links. As far as the security notice goes, the Access trust center doesn't let me add relative paths to the trusted locations list so I've been stuck with the security notice every time I click on a hyperlink. I'm well aware of the risks of disabling the security notice but this is not a problem for me. These are both home computers, not used at work or in an office. I don't share documents of any kind with any one else and no one else at home uses Access or Excel but myself so security is not an issue here.

I know that for Access 2010 on Windows 7 Professional, there is a group policy setting under User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Classic Administrative Templates \ Microsoft Access 2010 \ Application Settings \ Security \ Trust Center \ VBA Macro Notification Settings \ which allow you to disable the notices globally, but unfortunately, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and 7 Home Prem will not let me load the Local Group Policy, and I see no other way to disable it for office 2010 . Windows XP has no such template so I can't see how to disable it on XP (office 2007) either.

I would very much appreciate knowing how to turn this off globally in both Access 2007 and Access 2010. Thanks in advance.

digitaldb is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Well, I've figured out a work-around for this problem. I shared the directory that the .accdb file sits in, pre-pended all of my hyperlinks in the database with the network unc path ( \\hostname\sharename\2008\W2\ -instead of- .\2008\W2\ ), then added the unc path and checked the "Subfolders of this location are also trusted" to the trusted locations list on both computers and this made it all work. All is good, however, I consider this a workaround. There is no reason I should not be able to control the behavior of my applications, including turning off security warnings. I understand the reason and need to have those warnings, and the reason it may be made difficult to disable, but ultimately I should have the ability to decide whether the warning is a nuisance or not on my own computer. I would still like to know how to turn this warning completely off on my stand alone systems. My software should serve me, not the other way around.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.