mugsmugs is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Question Data Access Page (Print is Cut), Cannot make a report or form to do the same thing??

I have a table that contains a list of parts and the file location for a picture of each part. I made a data access page that lists the parts and the picture file location. I can insert an image and set the source to the file location field and the picture shows up. This is exactly what I want to do, however, I need to print it.

I cannot link to the pictures dynamically on a form or report, so the only way I found to do this is with a data access page, which looks beautiful on the screen, but when I go to print, it cuts off parts of the data.

I read about setting up an object field in the table, but I am not having any luck going that route. Any ideas?

Thanks.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why can't you dynamically display images on report? http://support.microsoft.com/default...%2Dus%3B285820

That link indicates it is possible, however, I never tested it.

Dynamic display of external images is easy in Access2007, except, apparently, for PDF type.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

mugsmugs is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Thumbs up Solved... :)

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Why can't you dynamically display images on report? http://support.microsoft.com/default...%2Dus%3B285820

That link indicates it is possible, however, I never tested it.

Dynamic display of external images is easy in Access2007, except, apparently, for PDF type.
    Hi June7, I found this same article and it worked! I first followed the example exactly, then manipulated to fit my own application, but it was relatively easy. By making this into a report, I can format and print without cutting off any of the data. The Data Access page details are much more complicated than they have to be, I was able to do it by just linking the image to the text field that contained the file location, without the added code, but that is where I ran into the print getting cut off. I did not try to implement this in a form, but I would assume it would work, although I would also assume that the potential for cutting off some data also exists with the form version.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, this will help someone else and save them from a very frustrating day...

Jim

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.