Frankie_B is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Access Database Issues

Hi all,

I'm currently building a database to store customer feedback for the business which I work at. Basically, what I hope to achieve with this database is that it will produce reports (with information taken from the tables) so that the business doesn't have to re-write this material manually, as we currently do.

My main issues are involved in making the database work and constructing connections between the queries, forms and reports. Originally, I had a Feedback form which was the main form for inputting data about customer feedback which would then be extracted onto a report to be printed. It had code for creating an automated 'CF' number (which doesn't seem to be working anymore for some reason). All of what was on the Feedback form would be extracted onto a report based on the form. This is currently still working in the older version of the database.

I have since added another subform (Resolutions) to the main Feedback form and have managed to link it to the Feedback form, however when I try to extract the information from the subform and the Feedback form onto a report, it doesn't work. The same now applies with the code used to create the automated 'CF' number which was based on three separate fields: Company name, product name, date (combination of week number, two digits of the month and year plus a sequential number ie 1, 2, 3 etc which is to differentiate between different feedback given for a company with the same product). Each field involved in the CF number was separated by an underscore. My query which generated the report is now not working as well. It keeps on coming up with an error regarding the Feedback ID field used in the SQL of it but I don't know how to stop this from happening. I believe the issues are coming from the fact that I have since added another subform to the main Feedback form.

I am not sure what I have done wrong in updating/upgrading the form for it to not work in inputting the information onto the report. It seems to me that everything keeps consistently falling apart and I don't know how to resolve the issue.

Could someone please take a look at my database and give me some suggestions on how to fix these issues? I can email the databases as they are too big to attach.

I would be very grateful for anyone's help on this issue.

Thank you in advance,
    Frankie

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Is this a split design database? You can make copy and delete records, maybe leave a few for testing. Run Compact & Repair. Zip the files (2 mb zip allowed). Otherwise can upload zip to fileshare site such as box.com and post link to the file.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.