cwh13 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2010 32bit

inventory out

is there a macro that will transfer a group of ingredients out of my inventory table at the same time.And can i do that with in a form.Thank for your help

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Not really. An INSERT SELECT query could possibly be executed to grab and copy ingredients records based on some criteria. Yes, the behavior could be initiated on a form. Would need more info to advise on specifics.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

cwh13 is offline Novice
    Hey j7 I mix rubber compounds,and a rubber compound is made up like a recipe,so I use several chemicals to produce on rubber compound like a cake recipe would to make one cake.puting the chemical into my inventory one at a time is no big deal because I bring them in,in large quantitys but I mix small batches so I use them in much smaller quantity's.but I mix a lot of batches and several different compounds that use's different amounts of each ingredient.i am not really sure if access is the right program.

June7 is online now VIP
    Access is suitable if you want a relational database - if you want tables of chemicals and tables to store the detail info of each mix. Do you have a limited set of 'recipes' or are you experimenting and continually trying new ones? Do you have different mixes for different customers? Do you want to track inventory levels? Maybe a spreadsheet is all you need, don't know your business model so can't really advise.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

cwh13 is offline Novice
    yes I do add knew compound's(recipe's)as I get new customer's.but once we get a compound spec.in that is the compound has all the property's it will need in what ever service it will be used for,the chemicals and the amount of each chemical will never change.we will use the same recipe over and over for that compound and that customer.sometimes the batch size might change but the ratio of the chemical will not but the lbs for each on will.we use what is called phr that is we start a recipe based on 100 parts of the base polymer we are using for that compound and all of the other chemical are added in parts.this works great in a excel sreed sheet because of the layout.we have formulas in each cell out from the chemical so that know mater what batch size we mix the ratio of each chemical stays the same.but I need a better way to keep up with my inventory for all of those chemical.and I need a way to start keeping more info.on the chemical them selves.such as msds type stuff.and eccess would be great for that part.i hope that I am making just a little bit of since.

June7 is online now VIP
    Access does sound appropriate. Whether or not to create record in database during test phase or wait until specs are established is business decision.

cwh13 is offline Novice
    it would be nice to use eccess,i can keep using the spreed sheets for my recipe,s and batches,and say a customer orders 5000 lbs of a compound i can go to my spreed sheet and type in 5000 lbf for the batch size and it will tell me how many lbs of each cheical that i will be using,but i need a way to enter this imfo into eccess so it will take those lbs of chemical as a goup and at the same time out of a inventory table.

June7 is online now VIP
    I indicated in my first thread a way to do that but if you haven't even designed the database, you are a long way from implementing.

Actually, ideally in a relational database, nothing would be taken 'out of a inventory table'. Transaction records of materials received and used would be summarized to calculate the net on-hand.

cwh13 is offline Novice
    may i ask what a insert select query is,i am some what familer with the select query but not the insert part.

June7 is online now VIP
    INSERT is the sql keyword for an append action.

Google: Access INSERT SELECT

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...001032245.aspx

cwh13 is offline Novice
    so i could just use a append query?a append query just addes records to the bottum of a table right.

June7 is online now VIP
    Yes, append action adds records. The action keyword is INSERT. However, where will the data to be inserted come from?

cwh13 is offline Novice
    My chemical table,i just tried one and it did work but it appended two of my chemicals and their wights twice the other seven was fine.i think my relationship is wrong.if i only append the chemical name and the lbs,i should only need two feilds in the table that i append them to right.and i should be able to use the chemical name for the relationship.the link you posted earlier said somthing about a external data base what is that all about?

cwh13 is offline Novice
    I do not know if it will help or not but here is a example of the way that i have my recipe,s lay out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    That 'externaldatabase' is an optional parameter in the sql syntax. I looked at your spreadsheet. Like I said, you are a long way from implementing (or even thinking about) query. Need to get database structure designed first.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.