atroym is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Display sequential row numbers within one report that has multiple subreports

I have created a MS Access 2007 report that includes 6 subreports (subtotals) within it. I was able to use a named field "RowNum" with control source as =1, running sum = Over All and refer "RowNum+1" = RowNumT as subtotal row number (works perfect) for the first subreport1.

However, when referring to subreport1!RowNumT to begin displaying row number is subreport2 I am getting a calculation error.

My goal is to have number 1 to 58 displaying on left side of the report and columns A to P at the top for reference points or guide to the report.

Can this be done having 6 subreports within one report?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Name each subreport container control different from the object it contains, something like ctrSub1

Then try:

Reports!mainreportname!ctrSub1.Form.RowNumT
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

atroym is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Name each subreport container control different from the object it contains, something like ctrSub1

Then try:

Reports!mainreportname!ctrSub1.Form.RowNumT
    Thanks, that works from using the subtotal from the previous subreport, but I have a row between subreports now just need to begin the sequential row number in the next subreport that has multiple records (rows).

Can I use a formula in the control source where =1, Running Sum = Over All can begin with a specific number (or field name)?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, the expression can be more complex than =1. I don't know if it will produce the result you are looking for.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

atroym is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Yes, the expression can be more complex than =1. I don't know if it will produce the result you are looking for.
    I created a work around for this problem by just creating a new report with only row numbers to left and then inserted the master report (with all 6 subreports) as a subreport. I made some alignment adjustments in each subreport and now have the report I need with sequential row numbers.

Thanks!!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.