GSP101 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Using Calender Form for Student Attendance

Hi
    I am working on School database that includes recording attendance of students in various classes. We measure number of hours attended, and not just present or absent. The template currently used is simple line format with date, subject scheduled hours and attendance hours. I want to make it in Monthly / Weekly Calender Form, each form will collect information for attendance hours on each date, with modules and student name/id. Can you suggest me how do I do that ? i am newbie and willing to put efforts in this. thanks

MOD EDIT: post split from https://www.accessforums.net/program...dar-17691.html

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I'm not really sure what you're asking here. Are you asking for a way to graphically represent a week or a month at a time that shows a specific student's attendance and hours during that same time period but keep your same data entry structure. Or are you looking for a weekly/monthly view where you can click on a given 'day' and put in that information and have it update correctly?

GSP101 is offline Novice
    Yes, you understood right, I want to know how to make a form which will display dates (weekly or monthly) and side by side capture number of hours student attended classes. I attached a screenshot of similar forms being used by a system. This system lacks flexibility and we want to add module/subject together with hours attended, and that is why I am creating my own database. Most of the other tasks were accomplished, but I am not able to figure out how can I create a form which will display calendar and I can put some controls on it to capture hours on each day (of week or month). Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AttForms.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	10874

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Is there any way you can provide a sample of your database as it exists now. Just make a copy of it, delete any private info and put in some garbage data that will test everything you want.

Do you want your Weekly/Monthly view to include all modules/subjects in the same view or do you want to be able to view only a specific module/subject?
    This is likely to be a pretty programming intensive solution there aren't any innate calendar controls that will do what you want but I'm pretty sure it can be done.

I just don't want to have to create an example from scratch with a data structure that may differ radically from your own.

GSP101 is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeare View Post
    Is there any way you can provide a sample of your database as it exists now. Just make a copy of it, delete any private info and put in some garbage data that will test everything you want.
    Sure, will upload my db in couple of days.

waqas is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    very good i am also finding same control in access but i could not. i need for employees working hrs per day, weekly and monthly. but i used cross tab query but i need on form by weekly and monthly as select week1 week2... date should come automatically start date and end date for both weekly and monthly.

burrina is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I already have a attendance db that might work if your not too far along with your project.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.