MM12 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Import Image into Report

I have inherited a database developed in Access 2003. We are currently using Access 2010.

One of the functions of the database is to produce 30+ forms that are populated with data such as Company Name, Test Name, etc. This was accomplished by creating the various forms in word, importing the word image (not sure how this was done) into a report, and then the image was overlaid with necessary fields from the appropriate tables. The forms need to be revised. I have most of the original word documents which I can make changes to. I'm thinking I can go into report design view and delete the old image, copy the new document into the access report, send the image to the back and readust the field placement. Does this sound right or is there a better way to do this?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Is the Word document on the report really an image (jpg, bmp, png) embedded in an OLE or Image control? An image as background for controls on an Access report is one way. I did this in one case because I couldn't get the text formatting (superscript and subscript) I wanted with Access labels. Why do you need an image background instead of just using label and textbox controls to achieve the same appearance?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MM12 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    It is my understanding that the images were imported as .jpg in Access 2003. I believe the forms existed in Word and were in use even before my predecessor created the 2003 Access Database. The 30 + forms are very busy..lots of lots of tables, boxes, signature lines on each form. Since the forms already existed in Word, it is my guess that it was easier for the person who put the database together to import the forms than it was to re-create them in Access. We have Access populate a few fields when we run the report, but the end users fill out most of the printed form manually. We only use the forms seasonally.

I just need to make minor changes to each form. It would probably be quicker for me to make the changes in the existing word doc and then reimport than it would be to re-create each form in Access..although I can certainly start doing so going forward.

I'm thinking I can go into report design view and delete the old image, copy the new document into the access report, send the image to the back and readust the field placement. Does this sound right?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, delete old image and attach new image. Adjust textboxes as needed.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.