MarkVenes is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Question Programming a Button to make the ribon and navication bar visible again

OK, At least I was smart enough to make a backup just before doing this. Eventually when my program is complete I do not want the end users to have access to the Access ribbon or the navigation bar. But I will probably need to regain access to them to make modifications as necessary. I programmed this line in my Login Form on the ON OPEN EVENT line, and it worked perfectly.

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

I also hid the navigation bar in the database options section.

But hitting F11 brought it back instantly. I would prefer that they not have access to the navigation bar, any ideas how to fix that?

Now when I "login" as the Administrator a special navigation form opens that is available only to me as the admin. I would like to program a button that will change the ON OPEN EVENT for the login form so that I can see the ribbon again. I would like to have it do the following

1. Change the ON OPEN EVENT in the Login Form to: DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarYes
    2. Change the database program settings to show the navigation bar
    3. Save the changes and restart the program.

All with one click of the button...

I am sure it probably is like two lines of code, but The did not teach that in the TrainSignal videos. Any Help is appreciated

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Here's how I customize database http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...at-303789.html

Along with that, I set database options. From the ribbon:

File > Options > CurrentProject > uncheck Allow Special Keys

However, be aware that holding down shift key when db opens will override most of that and allow full access to the db.

This code will reveal the pane:

DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.