Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MarkVenes is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

Ignore this message. Discovered a 500K limit so the file is attached to the next message.

Yea I figured it out. Well how to upload at least.
    Last edited by MarkVenes; 12-02-2012 at 08:48 AM.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    I modified your code. The problem is/was that the new record was not saved before Application2 was opened. Therefore, in the Where argument of the open form command, Me.ApplicationID was NULL or the wrong ID.

Once you get the forms working correctly, you should hide the "ApplicationID" control - an autonumber field is not designed to mean anything to the user. See http://access.mvps.org/access/tencommandments.htm, #7

When concatenating text fields, it is better to use the ampersand (&) rather than the plus (+).
    I added "Option Explicit" at the top of the code pages.
    I noticed there are a couple of words misspelled - "Traid" should be "Trade" and "Possition" should be "Position"

Using lookup fields is a waste of time and typing, IMHO. This is different than a lookup table. For example, there are fields "Degree1", "Degree2" and "Degree3". In the table design, you had to set up the lookup field three times. Then on the form, you had to configure three combo boxes with the same list. That is 6 times you had to enter the value list. If you have to add another degree, that is 6 changes you have to manually make. If you had use used a table and a query, You only have to make 1 entry into the table.

Also see "The Evils of Lookup Fields" at http://access.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm

Wow - Thank You!

Yes there are probably more than those two errors. I have been working non stop for the past three weeks, sometimes late into the night. My Focus goes before I go to bed some times and I make some mistakes. Thankfully, no one but you and apparently 6 others have seen this so. It is still a Draft in progress.

Yes, again, thanks for the advice. I had already started to go back into my tables and make the query corrections and delete the entries from the tables so that I have coherent data I found that in my languages section I had selected the 6 most spoken languages in California from the states website to add the table and some how on one of them I added three others.... I must have been sleep typing. So the little corrections are what I am working on now. Trying to Normalize my tables and designs. Just taking it one step at a time. Sometimes as I am going along I realize that the code will fail me at some point in the future because I had not considered other cases. That is how I came upon this little problem. Thank you again. I do appreciate the help.

Sincerely....

P.S. Interesting info on look-up fields. Thanks. I will try to make sure I use them sparingly.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows XP Access 2000
    My Focus goes before I go to bed some times and I make some mistakes.
    Been there, done that.
    A few 24hr stints - had to get changes completed to get the data imported and the bill to the client.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.