aggiemarine07 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Build Database for Business

Howdy everyone, I had a question for you about software. I am trying to find or pay someone to develop a piece of software (the one we have been using is no longer being developed) that can manage the current inventory within our warehouse and the equipment we regularly issue out to people. It would work similar to how library's manage books checked out but every piece of library software I've tested doesnt fit the bill for what we require. Below is what it NEEDS to do:Software:
    -Microsoft Access is supported "out-of-box" as its installed on the machines

Capabilities (in four sections):
    Warehouse Stocks-
    -Needs to track all assets within the warehouse
    -Needs to track a unique barcode number, Nomenclature, Quantity, Price, and Location (would prefer to be able to sort each column)
    -Needs to track multiple locations for items that take up more than one location
    -Needs to be able to print out quantity totals for entire warehouse inventory for inspections

Issued Out Inventory-
    -Needs to display each individuals list of items checked-out
    -Needs to allow the return or adding of items to that person list
    -When item is issued or returned, needs to either remove it from the warehouse total or add back to a location
    -Can print a report to show total quantities of what is checked out

Spot Inventories-

-Needs to track when my workers do a "spot inventory" of a location of an item for quality control purposes.

-Needs to have the following fields: Location, Nomenclature, Quantity Reported, Quantity Counted, and field to list who did the inventory and when.
    -Needs to print out what was spot inventoried for that day and keep a log of what has been done in the past for historical purposes.
    -Needs to be able to print sheet of what was spot inventoried that day for signature by supervisor

The reason I am needing something is because our current property management system isnt being developed anymore so im looking at alternatives and Access seems like a simple solution to my problem.
    My question to is, is the above possible? How much do you think it would cost a programmer to develop this type of software? How long would it take? I am willing to pay someone to develop this. If you need any other clarifying information let me know or if I need to post this somewhere else within the forum please tell me and i'll post it there. Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    A wild guess here - 6 months and $24,000 (40 hours/month at $100/hr)

Depends on the actually complexity of the db. The more 'user friendly' the more code the more time.

I have built databases that took only 2 weeks and one that took 4 years. The costs were all in-house (payroll) plus some consultant time for the big project.

Find a programmer and pay them several hundred dollars to evaluate your requirements and give you an estimate.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

aggiemarine07 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Do you have a programmer (s) in mind that I can contact? Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    A wild guess here - 6 months and $24,000 (40 hours/month at $100/hr)

Depends on the actually complexity of the db. The more 'user friendly' the more code the more time.

I have built databases that took only 2 weeks and one that took 4 years. The costs were all in-house (payroll) plus some consultant time for the big project.

Find a programmer and pay them several hundred dollars to evaluate your requirements and give you an estimate.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, no. You will probably have to advertise.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.