ramindya is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Insert Value Not presented in the multi select list box

I have created a multi selected list box functionality like in the attachment which has a unbound control with possible choice of list items and also a text box were the selected choices can be inserted into the text box.

What it does? I am able to select one or all the choices that is present in the selection and click Insert and the choices are inserted into the text box.
    I used the following code provided by http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827423 and it works perfectly

What it does not do? I want to also insert any free text in the text box ( other than the choices present in the unbound list box control ).

Please let me know how to do it. I am very new to VBA and programming.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks,
    Rom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sample.png  

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    The textbox is bound to field? Saving discrete data as delimited string of text is usually poor database design and will cause issues if you want to sort, filter, aggregate on the distinct values. Just because something can be done doesn't mean it should be.

Are you saving the full string 'Declined/refused/canceled with no reason' or are you saving an ID for that selected item?

The textbox might have Locked property set to Yes. This will prevent editing of the data. Otherwise, should be able to edit the text as desired. Why can't you - what happens when you try?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.