oatsybob is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Resize question

Hello, I am working on my first access database for a non-profit after school center. I'm trying to build a user friendly database from which all employees can access our community partner organizations, the specific contacts with whom we've worked within those organizations, and the history of relationships with both organizations and individual contacts. The histories are sort of long, but when I open the form they display in one inch wide and one row high tiny text boxes that are almost impossible to use. It would be really nice if my data all just resized based on the amount of information. Is this possible? I tried turning autoresize on in the properties menu accessible in design view, but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Don't know why Access even shows CanGrow/CanShrink properties for form textbox. AFAIK, textbox on form won't resize with text content. That's why textbox on form has vertical scroll bar. Set ScrollBar property to Vertical and size the textbox at least two lines high and the vertical scroll bar will be available.

Textbox on report will grow and shrink if set to.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

oatsybob is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Interesting. Thanks for the information. This is a simple question, but am I correct in thinking that the principle purpose of a form is data input, while the principle purpose of a report is data consumption?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yes. Forms are for data entry/edit and on screen display. Reports manipulate and output data.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.