survivo01 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

move size method help

I have form and then subform. I want ot open another form so it does not cover the form or subform. I managed to make it correct size but I want it to pup up at bottom of screen

Rod is offline Expert
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Perhaps this will help, especially the second paragraph:

If you make any changes in Design view to a form whose AutoResize property is set to No and whose AutoCenter property is set to Yes, switch to Form view before saving the form. If you don't, Microsoft Access clips the form on the right and bottom edges the next time you open the form.
    If the AutoCenter property is set to No, a Form window opens with its upper-left corner in the same location as when it was closed.

survivo01 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Did not work. I have the form set as pop up, AuntoCenter =yes, AutoResize = no. Ihave a control button that opens navigation form which then appears top right covering the rest of the form

Rod is offline Expert
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    It may be more correct to say, 'It did work but it's not what I want.' My post is a verbatim copy of Micosoft's help.

As far as I know there are no Access properties that specify the position of overlapping forms except that when AutoCenter is set to No a form will open with its top left-hand corner in the same location as when it was closed. Yes, you may specify and alter, on-the-fly, the position of controls in a form but not the form itself. Now a form opens in a window and it is the operating system that has responsibility for positioning windows. There are doubtlessly APIs that do the job.

You appear to have two forms to manage and do not wish the second to open so that it covers the first. Assuming this is physically feasible, that the forms are not so large that overlap is inevitable, then it is necessary to consider both forms, not just one. Both should be made non movable, non resizable with AutoCenter set to No. Then by juggling their positions in the Access window (don't forget this can be resized and destroy all your patient work) you may achieve what you want. It may be necessary to switch off the non movable option while you do this.

I don't know your exact requirements but when something similar has occurred for me then I resort to placing both forms as subforms in a main form that acts simply as a frame, a placeholder.
    Last edited by Rod; 10-23-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Change 'non overlapping' to 'overlapping.'

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.