I'm not good in Access, but I've used it a couple of times to do simple tasks like sorting and joining databases and establishing relationships. That's about it.

My dad is asking to make him an inventory form in access, so he can track his inventories and update his inventory using computer.

1. Do I use forms in Access to do this?

2. Is there anywhere in this forum or on the internet that I can read about this? I looked in google, but I guess my "googling" skills aren't sophisticated enough...

3. If anyone would care to help, here is the thing I'm trying to do:

I want the form to contain 4 boxes. (Part No.),(Part Description),(Price List) and (Quantity)

The first two boxes should be correlated. If I typed in the (Part No.), Access should look up the table and come up with the (Part Description). If I typed in the (Part Description), Access should look up the table and come up with the (Part No.).

I want the (Price) to come up as I typed in either one of the first two boxes.

Like (Price), I want (Quantity) to come up as well, but I want the user to be able to modify the (Quantity).

How do I start? Is this easy to do?
It's hard to describe it but hopefully it's understandable. I'm not sure how to convey this logic to Microsoft Access.