thegooser is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Form with single record but multiple tables

Hi all....

I have a few tables of customers that I have to call. The tables are all the same but with different data and each record is the full details of the customers that I need to display on a form. The form displays one customer, and after I have called them it goes on to display the next customer. Only one customer is on the screen / form at any one time.

Now this isn't a problem as I just made a union query of all of the data (about 25,000) altogether and made a few simple queries to show the ones I need to call. However, putting it on sharepoint is a different kettle of fish. It won't allow tables of more than 5000 records and it won't allow union queries.

Considering that I only need to see one record at a time, but that record may be from any of the tables, is there a way for me to get access to look up what the next record would be instead of trying to load all of them?

Any help or advice would be great.

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I haven't ever used sharepoint does it allow you to share your form over a network? If so I would set the datasource of the form to be a limited set of values (the data only related to one customer) and you would select the customer you wanted to see via a list box or combo box. Without seeing your data structure and form design it's not possible for me to guess as to how you'd get around a union query.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.