arzoo is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Access 2007 questions

I have been using access 2003 and earlier versions and am currently asked to modify a access 2007 database.

I've spent a couple of hours now figuring out some stuff but still have quite a few unanswered questions.

Hope someone can help. Here are some issues.

1. there are 2 .mdb files, 1 containing the user interface stuff and the other having all the tables. I can open both, but cannot find where to look so that I can change where the user interface db looks for the tables. The location looks hardcoded

2. I can see the tables in the database, but I cant seem to find how to go to design view of anything, be it tables, forms, reports. I tried right clicking the table, form, report names when they are listed but no menu comes up. Is right click disabled? How can I enable it.

3. In the user interface db, the startup goes with its own custom menu, I can't seem to get into edit view of things. There is no ribbon (windows icon) with the options to change things. How do you enable edit.

I guess my biggest problem is that they changed the interface and I'm used to having the classic access menu, which is contributing to my slow learning curve.

Also, I wanted to ask, considering all is just about done in the current user interface db. And the main problem is having size issues with the table db (also in access) where it gets the data. Is it advisable to keep the user interface db, and just convert the table db to an sql server db?

Or would it be better to convert everything (and would you need to do this from scratch), especially for the user interface db?

Thanks for the help.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    The new UI for Access can be a bit daunting but I'm pretty sure everything you need is there somewhere. Do you get the same results when you open the UI db whild holding down a <SHIFT> key? Here's a site that might get you going a bit. Bob has pictures.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.