dshillington is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Combining data from multiple listboxes

Hey all,

I have searched my problem extensively, and can't seem to find a clear answer on how to accomplish this. I am still a newbie with Access, but have successfully had all my questions answered here, so here goes nothing.

I have created a DB who's sole purpose is to track employee availability and job positions available (a poor man's version of a scheduling database, if you will). I have 2 listboxes on one form. Listbox A shows all the employees available for work, and Listbox B shows the available work positions that require an employee. I am trying to create a functionality behind a button that will allow me to highlight one row in Listbox A and one row in Listbox B to combine the information in a seperate table (still not created) and refresh each Listbox to remove the entries. Similarly, I would also have to create functionality behind another button to undo the above, if needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Dave

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Use INSERT sql action to create the record in 'separate' table. The listbox RowSources are queries? You want to exclude items from the list that are in the 'separate' table based on what other criteria - a date? This thread https://www.accessforums.net/access/...ess-28747.html has example of restricting combobox RowSource based on records in another table, concept would apply to listbox.

What do you mean by 'undo' - delete record in 'separate' table?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.