scoots is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question How to recover BLOB data from corrupt access database?

Last night I found that my BLOB data is missed from my access database. And due to this my MS Access program hanged a lot while opening the that database file (I think so). Whenever I tried to open my database file it hanged and then suddenly stopped working. Then I came to know that the file gets damaged. I tried some database recovery applications but still the BLOB data is missed from my new repaired file. Anything can be done here? Please help.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You were using OLE Object type field to store this data?

If Compact & Repair fails and you don't have a backup you can roll back to, might need third-party software and even then the data might not be recoverable.

Google: Access OLE Object data corruption
    http://www.articlesbase.com/data-rec...e-1536118.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

scoots is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderilization View Post
    What data recovery applications are you talking about? Did you try to put the BLOB data again into the database file? Do you have any backup for that database file? If you have then you can restore the BLOB and then put that into the database. Not all data recovery applications are designed to recover BLOB data from a corrupt database. You must read before you use any software application.
    I have no BLOG data anymore even I don't have any backup of my database file. I used free demo versions of some applications but while reviewing them there were no BLOB data. This bites me a lot. What you think? How can I fix this?
    [Thanks as you replied me and gave some time here]

scoots is offline Novice

Thumbs up How to recover BLOB data from corrupt access database?

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    You were using OLE Object type field to store this data?

If Compact & Repair fails and you don't have a backup you can roll back to, might need third-party software and even then the data might not be recoverable.

Google: Access OLE Object data corruption
    http://www.articlesbase.com/data-rec...e-1536118.html
    I tried the Compact and Repair utility buy it failed to do anything. Then I went for some third party software applications. Though it repaired my database but still the BLOB data was missing from the place. What shall I do now? Without BLOB data the file is just incomplete. Help me!
    I read the article. But the tool mentioned over there costs me hundred and thirty dollars, it's really more than enough. My budget could be hundred bucks, not more than it. But however let me use its demo first.
    [Thanks as you replied me and gave some time here]

Rainlover is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    Suggest you back up what you have NOW. Do this before you have nothing else.

Is your Blob data in a separate table. If so disconnect it and see if everything else works.

Most likely you have lost a few records not the whole table. Find the faulty record and everything can be brought back to normal except for the lost data.

You should back up very often and split your data base.

scoots is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by xanderilization View Post
    If your budget is upto hundred bucks then this tool suits you. I've recently used it (you can check my posts). It will surely recover your BLOB data from corrupt database file. Just try its demo version first.
    Hope it will help you. Good luck.
    Hey thanks for your recommendation. It is undoubtedly an awesome tool. Now my recovered database file is showing the missing BLOG data. Thanks a lot for suggesting this tool.
    Cheers!

addisonphilip is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Maintaining regular backup of database is a good practice. It can save hrs of work in case corruption or any damage in database file. In the absence of updated backup file, a third party application can also be used to fix the corruption.

randraj is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Hello,

These issues are easy to overcome by using third party software of access database repair,There are several software available and Kernel for Access Recovery Tool is one of them it is perfect software to recover lost and corrupt MDB or ACCDB files and store them accordingly.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.