Notsure is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Not sure what is best

Hello, I am currently using a database for access 2007. There are about 6 users accessing it at the same time and I don't believe it was split. This is something that was set up in my department long before I arrive. It was working ok for a while but it is acting up and I think we may be on the verge of it crashing or having data corruption. I don't know everything there is to know about access and I am looking for some help.
    We use this database on a daily basis to enter in customer information and requests that we recieve throughout the day. The data imputed is used for a macro and also used to keep track of what step we are in the process of creating the customers account. It is also used for reporting purposes.

They want to get rid of access and instead use SQL. I think that this may be too advanced for what we need. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for what I can do. I was thinking that we could start fresh with a new database only this time split it between users. We also have a share point site and I'm not sure if we could implement that somehow. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Splitting a db is recommended for multiple users. I do have one db with multiple users, usually only one at a time, but there is no code in that db.

Here is how I manage a split database for multiple users http://forums.aspfree.com/microsoft-...ue-323364.html

I tried once to set up a MySQL backend, had issues and abandoned attempt but I know many posters have expressed success.

I recommend against splitting between users.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.