Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit

That should have set [Event Procedure] in the event property. But double check that happened.

All works for me now.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Khao is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    That should have set [Event Procedure] in the event property. But double check that happened.

All works for me now.

I'm getting absolutely nothing. Can you upload your working DB so I can try find the difference? Event procedure is in the property for me also.

Ah yes, just changed it to location - overlooked that. Still nothing with the button though, copied the video step for step literally to the mouse movement to no avail.

June7 is online now VIP
    I prefer you to build. This is extremely simple functionality. You need to be successful at this.

I did get button to work. However, your report won't work because the query parameter is wrong. The combobox gives a list of Location codes but the report criteria is under JobCode.

Review the tutorial again. Start from scratch if you have to, not much to do.

The link on debugging at bottom of my post will be useful for more advanced coding.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Khao is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I prefer you to build. This is extremely simple functionality. You need to be successful at this.

I did get button to work. However, your report won't work because the query parameter is wrong. The combobox gives a list of Location codes but the report criteria is under JobCode.

Review the tutorial again. Start from scratch if you have to, not much to do.
    Created form. Created unbound button on form. Clicked properties > event > on click > code builder > entered identical to what was in the video (my report name though ofc)

Set to event procedure. Exit out. Button doesn't work.

This is so frustrating. I understand this is super simple stuff and I know it is but what am I doing wrong??? I've copied the video atleast 20 times now with the same result... =/

Khao is offline Novice
    I used the button wizard to successfully open the report with filters (obviously, it did it for me ). Still confused as to why the coded version didn't work. I guess it's a half win...

June7 is online now VIP
    Created unbound button on form.
    Buttons are NEVER bound. They don't have a ControlSource property.

Can't explain unless I can see what you did. My edit of your form worked just fine.

Did the wizard create [Embedded Macro]?

Khao is offline Novice
    The wizard did create embedded macro. Is there any reason why people prefer to code the button instead of the wizard? I haven't done anything different to when I first posted except for change the source code from the combo box to the button.

June7 is online now VIP
    I don't build with the wizards because they do things I don't like, such as use embedded macros. I use only VBA. My training completely bypassed wizards and macros.The embedded macro can be converted to VBA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.