Datech is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Specify query parameter for saved query with Transfer to Spreadsheet

From MSDN:

In Access, you can't use an SQL statement to specify data to export when you are using the TransferSpreadsheet action. Instead of using an SQL statement, you must first create a query and then specify the name of the query in the Table Name argument.
    Because of that, is there any way to have my users specify the values in a WHERE condition within a saved query? I have a combo box of all my project managers, and when one is selected it filters the results of a table to where tblResourceAllocation.ProjectManager = form.cboProjectManager.value. The displayed values are unions with a couple of different tables, but the export I want is actually just the info from one table where the ProjectManager field is the same as the combo box selection.

Is there any way to save a Select query that selects the results from that one table (tblGRFM) with a WHERE tblGRFM.ProjectManager LIKE form.cboProjectManager? I could then use that saved query with that parameter as the named query in the TransferSpreadsheet call. Any alternative solutions?
    Last edited by Datech; 08-16-2012 at 10:57 AM.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    You have the right idea, no alternative needed. Input can be a popup prompt (I never use) or can be reference to control on form. The sql built by the query designer could look like:

SELECT * FROM tblGRFM WHERE ProjectManager = Forms!formname!cboProjectManager;

The export will be filtered recordset.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Datech is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    That worked perfectly June. I figured Access wouldn't like that, so I didn't even try.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Seldom hurts to try. Glad it worked for you.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.