Sonya_S is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Creating Invoicing Statements for Customers using Forms and Reports - Please help :)

Hello!

I’m quite new to Access and I’m in the middle of implementing an invoicing system for a user. I’m struggling to create statements for each of the customers. Basically, I have created a form (StatementDate) which contains two unbound fields (StartDate) and (EndDate) and requires the user to enter dates using the date picker. Above that I have a combo box (Combo10) with the customers from which the user has to pick which customer he’d like a statement for.

Using this, he can then create a report (Statement01) which will bring up the customer’s invoices between the two chosen dates.

However, this is where I struggle. I have created the report with the customer’s details and the invoice details but I need a command button to open this report with the details in. The report is based on a query (Statement1). How do I go about doing this? What code would I need?

Am I doing this correctly, or is there an easier method to create a statement for the customers?

Please help.

I hope this doesn’t sound confusing and I’m sorry if I sound a bit dumb too.

Thank you,

Sonya

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi there!

Thank you for the links. They are helpful.

I was following the first link you sent me, but I've stumbled across a problem. I've followed everything but when I choose a value in my combo box and click the open report button, a blank report opens. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've linked the form's combo box (CmbCustomer) into the query of the report (Statement01) by using [Forms]![StatementDate].[CmbCustomer] but it doesn't bring anything up besides a blank report.

Where am I going wrong? Please help.

Thank you,

Sonya

June7 is online now VIP
    Show the combo properties:

RowSource
    ControlSource
    BoundColumn
    ColumnCount
    ColumnWidths
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

The RowSource is Customers (from my customer table)
    The ControlSource is blank
    The BoundColumn is 1
    The ColumnCount is 2
    The ColumnWidths is 0cm;2.54cm

Thank you

June7 is online now VIP
    Do you have an autonumber field as the primary key in Customers? Is that the first column in the combobox? Is the ID field included in the report RecordSource? Is the combobox referenced under the ID column for criteria?

Want to provide db for analysis? Follow instructions at bottom of my post.

Thank you,

It was the Customer ID which was set to autonumber and needed to be added to the report. It now works.

However, how would I get it to filter between two dates that the user can choose? I want the user to be able to choose the StartDate and the EndDate for the chosen customer. Is that possible?

Thank you so much

June7 is online now VIP
    Try this criteria under the date field:

BETWEEN Nz([Forms]![StatementDate].[StartDate],#1/1/1900#) AND Nz([Forms]![StatementDate].[EndDate],#12/31/2100#)

It works!!!!!!

Thank you so so so so so much!!! You're a star!!!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.