Greg Lemaster is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Reset Page Number in a Split Form with a Subform

I have a database that stores device information. It is built on two tables with a one-many relationship. Basically it has a list of Specs unique for each /type/ of device, and a separate table that lists unique information for each device that is actually deployed in the field. Data entry is handled through a Split Form that displays the Spec information, which has a sub-form in the "Detail" section that displays a list of all the field devices that use that Spec. So there will be a form for Temperature Sensors with models numbers and such, with a subform that lists all the temperature sensors in the field with tag numbers and location information. Depending on how many instruments are actually in the field, the subform often spills over onto a second or third page. I have it set to start on a new page for each Spec by setting the Force New Page property of the Detail Section to "After Section". In the Page Footer I have it displaying a "Page X of Y" page number, but it numbers based on the total pages of all Specs.

My question is this: How can I make it display a Page Number and Total Pages at the bottom that Reset's for each Spec rather than a running total of all Specs? Is there a way to make it work with my current setup? None of the examples I have found apply since I do not have any Group level, and do not have an "On Format" event available for the Detail level.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Why is this a concern on a form? Never heard of page numbering a form, only report.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Greg Lemaster is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Why is this a concern on a form? Never heard of page numbering a form, only report.
    It's a split form, which is essentially both. The form pane is editable and used for data entry, but is also formatted to be printed as the report.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Might have to build a report to take advantage of Grouping & Sorting functionality. Review: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...005187401.aspx
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.