RoseW is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Rename or Delete form creates a pop up error

An input form was created. It was saved as Orderentry Basic. Later I decided the word Basic did not have to be in the Navigation List of forms so I renamed that form.

The data base loads with a huge error announcing that the Orderentry Basic is spelled wrong, is missing or there is a macro involved.
    If I delete that form the same message arrives.
    There are no macros. There is a filter on load which when toggled presents an empty form, untoggle the filter and the last record data is displayed.
    The form is connected to one table. It has all the fields in two columns with tab order down over and up then down.
    There are look up boxes on some fields.
    The end user is catching up order entries from the past year to get them out of a 3ring binder structure into a database so its a flat db at the moment.
    I can rename that form back to having Basic included and the whole db is content-certainly cannot delete it.

Either I go with this label title or I hide it so the preferred title OrderEntry can be displayed. I cannot believe that somewhere in the background the db retains the info about a form even if its been deleted.

Are there entries in the Options of Access that has an influence on this renaming of forms? OR what do I look for in the properties section that sets this form name to be so imbedded?

Rose

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Someplace the form name is used. It could be in query or ControlSource expression. Deleting the form or changing name is not altering the expression. You will have to hunt it down. Third party software offers capability to search the Access file for all instances of the name. I use Rick Fisher's Find and Replace, costs about $50.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

RoseW is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    I found the location for the missing form pop up error. It was listed as the start up form in the Access OPTIONS. The way I found it was using the database tools....Analyse...It produces a screen report that basically is all the properties and the very last sheet had the form name for start up
    It never occurred to me to look at the Current Database options.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.