rmikulas is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Question VB Script - Split Report PDF into mutiple files

Hi All!

I was wondering if there was a way to create a Macro in Access that will export your report into multiple PDF files with different names.

Example: I created a report that is designed to provide employees with a two page report on their progress. But when I go to Print Preview and under the Data tab, click PDF, it exports all 100 pages to the same PDF file (50 employees, 2 pages each).

I would like to create a script that runs a macro that tells it to create 50 different 2 page PDF exports and use the Employee Name as the beginning of the file name [Emp_Name]&" - Progress Report".

I know this may be a little complicated to put it all down in a forum, so if you could even point me to an article online to help me, that would be excellent.

Thanks all for you help!!

help_me_with_access is offline help_me_with_excel
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I doubt access has the capability. there are visual basic DLL's that can communicate with Adobe Acrobat and they are automatically visible to you if a newer version of Acrobat is installed on your machine. but still, I don't that would be useful to you.

what I would personally suggest is making a 2 page report for every employee in your table and exporting one at a time via a visual basic looping routine. there are other ways you could do this too, but I don't think you can do it without coding somehow. or some sort of loop, whether it be in VB or through the interface making many objects to represent one emp. at a time..

rmikulas is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Thanks for your help

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.