rad1182 is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

White Space after Removing Navigation Buttons

Hello all,

I wanted to hide the navigation bar on the bottom of my form so I changed the "Navigation Buttons" property to "No." It worked fine except now there's an empty white space where the navigation bar use to be. Any idea on how I can remove that also?

Thanks,
    Ryan

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I have read this question in other threads (doubt I will ever find again and don't remember if ever solved) and right now cannot replicate issue. Want to provide your db? Follow instructions at bottom of my thread.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Attached is my database. The form in question is called "FormFac". Thanks for taking a look.

-Ryan

TPDCopy.accdb

amrut is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Change the Scroll Bars to either Vertical Only or None and the empty space disappears. I am not an expert to provide the reasoning for this behavior. Experts will be able to tell why should a white space should appear at the bottom in your case.

Completely overlooked that. Thanks a lot for the help!

-Ryan

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Quote Originally Posted by amrut View Post
    Change the Scroll Bars to either Vertical Only or None and the empty space disappears. I am not an expert to provide the reasoning for this behavior...
    As June7 said, this pops up from time to time on Access forums, and amrut's suggestion is the correct fix. The Nav Buttons and the Horizontal Scrollbar occupies the same bit of real-estate, and if only one of them is set to not be invisible, the 'hole' left by it is empty and sitting there. And if the Form isn't wide enough to require a Scrollbar, all the space is left 'empty.'When both are set to not be visible, the bit of real-estate is apparently 'released.'

Like June7, when I tried to replicate the problem, I couldn't! Then I remembered trying to do this before, going crazy, for a while, until I realized that whether or not it's 'visible,' to a given person, depends on what color they have their Form formatted to and their Windows setting for things like Scrollbars! Once I downloaded the attached app the 'white space' did become obvious, to me!

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.