marlo is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Access 03 to 07 conversion - error with query design view

I have recently converted from Access 2003 to Access 2007. I have a complex database that calculates age profile of inventory based on date of manufacture.

I have checked all filenames for linked files and for table headers and nothing has an apostrophe ('). I have rebuilt the database 3 times from the start and still get this error:
    "is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long.

I am not extremely familiar with SQL (not enough to design all my queries using it) but enough to look through it and I cannot see why I am getting the error. I have data tables, Excel linked tables, and ODBC linked tables all in my database.

Any suggestions??
    Thanks,
    Marlo

SELECT [SPEDE and MARC Data].[Report Date], [SPEDE and MARC Data]![Report Period] & "-" & [SPEDE and MARC Data]![Report Week] & "-" & [SPEDE and MARC Data]![Report Year] AS [Pd-Wk-Yr], [Locations - Current Site]![FG Whse] & "-" & [SPEDE and MARC Data]![Part Number] AS [WH-Product], [Locations - Current Site].[Site Name], [SPEDE and MARC Data].[Part Number], [SPEDE and MARC Data].[Lot Number], [Status Code].[Product Status], [SPEDE and MARC Data].Quantity, Mid([SPEDE and MARC Data]![Lot Number],6,3) AS [Mfg Site], Left([SPEDE and MARC Data]![Lot Number],4) AS [MfgCode Date]
    FROM ([SPEDE and MARC Data] LEFT JOIN [Locations - Current Site] ON [SPEDE and MARC Data].[Site Code]=[Locations - Current Site].[Location Code]) LEFT JOIN [Status Code] ON [SPEDE and MARC Data].[Gen Status]=[Status Code].[Gen Status];

marlo is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Ok I did a few more things to test and it looks like whenever there is a link between tables, I cannot access design view. It doesn't matter if the table is flat data, ODBC, Access Linked, or Excel Linked. Could this be some kind of security? I have other databases I converted 2003 to 2007 with no issues.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.