EddieN1 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007

Check Box Filter on a Datasheet Limited to One Column

I am running Access 2007 and have several forms that show in datasheet view. Due to the number of fields and behind the scenes VBA code, it has grown to some size (although I can't tell just how large). When I try to use the "check box filter" by clicking on the right side of the column head or highlighting the column and clicking on Filter, I can do this on the first column I pick (any column) but I can't do it on any additional column. I get just the "Text Filters" menu.

Could this be due to the size of the form or is there some other setting that's causing this?

If I create a small form that lists only four columns, I can get the "check box filter" on several columns.

One other circumstance that might be related... if I run this using Access 2010, the same thing happens, however, in addition, if the control name has a special character or spaces in it, I get a "Syntax error" dialog box.

The original problem occurred when the database was type 2000. However, I get the same results when I save it as a (2002-2003) or a 2007 type database.

Thanks, Eddie

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, names with special characters or spaces can be an issue. Avoid or enclose names in [].

As for the form size causing issue, could be, just never faced this situation.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

EddieN1 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    The condition I described was due to the fact that I modified the form's recordsource property dynamically on Load to limit the records shown to the operator. I didn't want to use the form's filter because the operator can change that.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.