Hi folks

I have an Access 2010 application. I need to split it into Front End and Back end, which I did.

After the split, I noticed that users with Access runtime 2010 only can't see the Ribbons. I need to provide a filter similar to the one found under the Home Ribbon.

I use the following
<customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2009/07/customui">
<ribbon startFromScratch="true">
<tabs>
<tab id="tab1" label="Filter">
<group id="group1" label="Filter">
<control idMso="ExportExcel" label="Export to Excel" enabled="true"/>
<control idMso="FiltersMenu" label="Filter" enabled="true"/>
<control idMso="FindDialog" label="Find Record" enabled="true"/>
</group>
</tab>
</tabs>
</ribbon>
</customUI>

I've created the USysRibbons table with ID, RibbonName and RibbonXml. For each form, I went to the 'Other' property tab and set the Riboon property to the new custom ribbon name.

The application works as follows: When I start the application, a form comes up and there is a VBA attached to a button that I use to refresh tables tables from SQL database.

As soon as the VBA code run,USysRibbons table disappears. The custom ribbon is still there and work fine as before. However, and this is where I am running into a proble, when I close the application and come back, the custom ribbon is no longer there and there is no USysRibbons to be found.

Any thought about this would be appreciated. Again, the only reason I need the custom ribbon is so that users with access 2010 run time can do filtering in similar manner as you would do if you have the Filter under the Home Ribbon available.

Thanks for the help